EASY HEALTHY VEGAN BLACK QUINOA, BERRY AND CHIA SEED ENERGY BAR TOPPED WITH CRANBERRIES AND DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 12 dates
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 bits of dark chocolate
This energy bar is rammed with goodness! Not only is it the quinoa a complete protein, meaning that it contains all of essential amino acids the body cannot synthesize from other sources, but it also has the highest iron content of any grain! Additionally it is rich in essential amino acids and vitamins A, B2 and E and is an excellent gluten free alternative to other grains. I get mine from the wonderful people at Real Foods. The dates and berries are full of vitamins and dietary fibre and keep the whole bar stuck together. And well, the chocolate is a little happiness booster, filled with antioxidants and caffeine to get you pumped up and ready to go :)
And the best point is they are so easy to make! Start off with rinsing the quinoa in cold water, then bring to the boil and let it simmer for approximately 15 minutes, drain and set aside to cool (if you have the time, let it cool in the fridge overnight). Next step is the base: throw the chia seeds, berries and dates into the food processor and blend till its a gooey sticky red mess. I like to add apple sauce and vanilla for extra flavor. In a bowl mix most of the dried cranberries with the black quinoa and red mess. Spread the mixture on a sheet of baking paper, it should have a fairly dense consistency. Bake at 190 C/fan 170C/gas 5 for thirty minutes, depending on the thickness of the energy bars. Once crispy, remove from oven and cut into portions. Now’s the time to melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan and cover each bar liberally, then sprinkle chopped dried cranberries on top while the chocolate is still warm. Let the whole thing cool et voilà! Enjoy as a workout snack, a posh biscuit or a lunchbox snack.
This is Brooklyn Supreme, billed as “The World’s Biggest Horse.”
Brooklyn Supreme stood 19.2 hands and weighed 3,200 pounds. He wore a 40-inch collar and boasted a girth measurement of 10 feet, 2 inches around. It took 30 inches of iron for each of his horseshoes. Foaled in 1928, he eventually became the property of C.G. Good of Iowa. Good’s partner, Ralph Fogleman, exhibited the big horse around the country, charging spectators 10 cents apiece. Brookie died in 1948.”
Super Silky Summer Legs
Next time you are feeling down, about to binge, going on a date, or just need to pamper yourself, do this. I just did it and I can not stop rubbing my legs together. It feels like I paid for that over expensive pedicure at the salon.
- 1 1/4 C Sugar (Yup, plain, good-ol’ white sugar)
- 1/2 C Oil (I used olive oil, but you can use any oil, coconut oil, baby oil, canola oil)
- 3 tablespoons Citrus (Lime or lemon)
- 1-2 Razors
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Soak your legs in the tub for 5 minutes.
- Shave your legs.
- Rub some of this mixture all over your legs. The sugar will help rub off all dirt and dead skin. Rub, rub. Feels like a mini massage.
- Rinse it all off, shave again. I would use one razor per leg if you have two. You will be rinsing this razor a lot. I was GROSSED out by the amount of dead skin I was “shaving” off. It was insane! Trust me, you’ll see.
- Rub your legs again! Second coat of wax, oh yeah.
- Rinse off! You can use a mild soap to help get some of the oil off.
- Lotion your legs up, and feel the silkiness!
Now this isn’t just geared to ladies…. guys, if you want to get lucky, I suggest you offer to rub your ladies’ feet with this mix too. It feels awesome, and when you get lucky, you will be thanking me that her rough grandma feet aren’t cutting your legs, if ya know what I’m saying… hahaha.
I have silky arm pits too!!
Try it, I swear, You will want everyone to touch your legs.
i just did this and after about 2 or so months of not shaving this is the most incredible thing i have ever done its like my legs arent even legs they’re some sort of ancient fabric made only for powerful pharoahs
i highly suggest this even if you don’t shave use it on your feet or shave your pits or your pubes with it because you will feel like a fucking deity
HOLY SHIT I JUST USED THIS AND???? I FEEL LIKE MY LEGS ARE MADE OF ANGEL WINGS
THIS IS THE BEST THING IF YOU DON’T USE IT YOU’RE CRAZY
I just tried this and it feels so good I want to cry
I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS POST FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS THANK YOU TUMBLR
THIS FUCKING RECIPE IS A WONDERFUL THING. USE IT WHEREVER YOU SHAVE.
FACE? LEGS? IDK JUST SMUSH IT AGAINST YOUR SKIN AND REJOICE
so I just tried this and
what?! ok no do not put this on your pubes or anywhere close to your vagina unless you want one hell of a yeast infection
Well, I just did this and my legs feel amazing. I didnt notice necessarily a ton of dead skin, but I feel smooth as feckkkk. Never buying body scrub again.
3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Burger
I’m not kidding. And they taste phenomenaul at about 160kcal a patty.
- Cut up 3 large sweet potatoes, then boil them until soft.
- While that’s cooking, mash up 4 cans of white beans with a fork, potato masher, or food processor.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add them together with 2Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes and mash it all together.
- Form into patties, throw in the oven at 425* F until the edges start to crisp.
So fucking easy. Thank me later.
2 large old bananas + 1 cup of quick oats. You can add in choc chips, coconut, or nuts if you’d like. Then 350º for 15 mins. THAT’S IT! would be good for a grab and go bfast with some fruit (=
these are so delicious!
There are seven chakras that go up the body. Each pool of energy has a purpose, and can be blocked by a specific kind of emotional muck.